Have an account?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Black Balloon One-Shots by YellowGlue



(blinkie by RoseArcadia)


Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep and Saints Who Died as Children


Rated M; Edward and Bella, Angst/Hurt/Comfort


I will admit it. When it comes to fanfiction, I usually steer clear of the ‘questionable’ genres – Angst, Hurt/Comfort, and (worst of all) Tragedy.


(Yes, I am a total hypocrite when it comes to reading. Give me a good serving of fluffy smut any day.)


In this vein of thinking, you’d assume that I’d run as far away in the opposite direction from the Black Balloon contest entries as possible, and honestly, I would have – but for two things.


1) The fact I actually wrote an entry


2) The fact that YellowGlue wrote two entries


Many of you already know that I’m YellowGlue’s protégé. However, this review has nothing to you with blind love, and everything to do with utter masterpiece… the fact that both one-shots go hand and hand, and yet can still be read and relished alone, for one thing.


YellowGlue seamlessly weaves together the story of Edward, searching for his Bella, with angst that brings you to tears, and love that makes your heart ache. The fact that it actually does have kind of a happy ending doesn’t hurt either.


Read it – by the time you finish, I think you’ll see how both of this girl’s one-shots made it into the top 20. And please, don’t forget to go ahead and read the other wonderful entries as well – and remember to say where you came from!

0 comments:

Post a Comment