Have an account?

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review for Fire Becomes Ice by Kelsismom

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5747777/1/Fire_Becomes_Ice

I'm going to start this review with the actual summary from Fan Fiction: "A/U In the spirit of Disney's Freaky Friday, what happens when a mysterious talisman ends up in Jacob's possession? Takes place during Eclipse, just after "Temper." BE"

My beta suggested this story to me and I was very skeptical. Freaky Friday? Twilight? I just don't get it. But I must say, I was hooked after the first paragraph and you will be too. This story totally blows my mind with each new chapter. Not only is the writing fantastic, but the idea behind this story is just so unique and fitting for the story of Twilight. The characters are completely canon, but what happens to them definitely is not. That said, I am a canon fanatic and I can read this story imagining the world that the author has created and picturing exactly what she is describing. her A/U doesn't detract from the story of Twilight; rather, it adds a richness and depth to the relationship of Edward and Jacob that was only glossed over in the Saga. I highly recommend this story to anyone who would like a closer look at the Edward/Jacob relationship. It is a fantastic study in what can happen when you mess with things you don't understand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment