Have an account?

Monday, May 31, 2010



All That Jazz by javamomma0921

Summary: Chicago, 1919: Bella and Alice Swan have lost both their mother and father. When word comes that their mother's estranged sister, Esme, and her husband, Carlisle, wish to adopt them, Bella and Alice have two very different reactions. Renee Swan physically and mentally tried to break both of her daughters, but did she succeed? Alice is ecstatic to meet the woman who has embodied the antithesis of everything her mother did and said to her. Bella is scared to death. She is seemingly brainwashed by her mother's anti-feminist rhetoric, but might a bronze-haired piano player be able to change her tune? Join us in the age of women's sufferage, the age of Jazz, for this tale about a young girl's search to find herself in a confusing world where a woman's role is constantly changing.

Knock-out Paragraph: How could I have gone my whole life never knowing that I didn't have a cousin? How could I have lived thinking that my aunt was an immoral woman and not the courageous woman whom Alice had idolized for so long? I felt cheated. The tear hit my hand before I even realized that I was crying. Aunt Esme's story was so tragic and yet so full of hope! The knowledge of her strength helped to beat down that echoing voice telling me to ignore the story and remember what I had been told. Aunt Esme's story, more than anything Alice had ever told me, made me question my Mother's wisdom.

Find javamomma0921 on Fanfiction.net.

Read All That Jazz here.

If you love what you find, make sure to leave Javamomma0921 some love and let her know you found her on Twimpage's Daily Pimp!

0 comments:

Post a Comment